Stretch marks are a very common skin problem in women. Typically, this condition occurs after a person experiences a drastic weight loss or after delivery. One way to get rid of stretch marks can be done by using aloe vera.
Benefits of aloe vera to get rid of stretch marks
Aloe vera has long been believed to have benefits to address a variety of skin problems, one of which is stretch marks. Plants that mostly contains water can help maintain the skin tissue.
According to Kim Chang, a beautician from the Baylor College of Medicine, contains antioxidants, vitamins A and C, and enzymes in the aloe vera are useful for some things.
Moreover, enzymes and collagen in the aloe vera can make the skin feel softer lines and disguised caused by stretch marks.
However, more research is needed to see if the aloe vera really effective to get rid of stretch marks.
Tips for removing stretch marks with aloe vera
Basically, there are many ways to cultivate aloe vera so it can effectively disguise stretch marks on your skin.
You can use aloe vera gel just after a bath or mix it with some other natural materials.
1. Aloe vera gel
Aloe vera gel is usually available in beauty shops or supermarkets nearby. However, you can also make yourself at home with a simple main ingredient, namely the aloe vera plant.
How to use:
- Cut the leaves and extracts of aloe gel inside.
- Apply to the affected areas stretch marks and massage for one to two minutes.
- No need to rinse
- Do this twice a day.
2. Aloe vera and coffee powder
Coffee powder substance believed to be a natural scrub to slough off dead skin properly. When mixed with aloe vera gel that moisturizes the skin, they can be strong enough medication to get rid of stretch marks.
- 2 tablespoons of coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
How to use:
- Mix coffee powder with aloe vera gel and mix well.
- Apply to the area stretch marks and massage in a circular motion for a minute.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with water or using a cloth moistened with water to clean it.
- Give moisturizer to the area.
- Repeat this method every day.
Remember, the coffee powder had a pretty rough texture, so you need to be careful when cleaning to not press too hard on the area.
3. Aloe vera and coconut oil
As one of the essential oils that contain a high vitamin E, coconut oil can be used to remove stretch marks with a mixture of aloe vera.
In addition, coconut oil also contains proteins that can speed up the regeneration of skin cells, thus helping to disguise the lines on your skin.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
How to use:
- Mixing two of the above ingredients and whisk until they form a smooth gel.
- Place the mixture in an airtight container.
- Take a little gel and apply it to the area that has stretch marks.
- Let sit overnight.
- It is advisable to use it every night before bed.
Using the above method to get rid of stretch marks with a mixture of aloe vera should be done regularly so that you get maximum results.