Research has proved that honey has many health benefits. One benefit that is known is that it helps prevent acne. This is because honey contains a variety of substances that have the ability to heal wounds quickly so that they can cure acne naturally. So, how to use honey for acne? Check out the tips below.
How does the honey to treat acne?
Honey has antibacterial and antiseptic properties due to its content of hydrogen peroxide. Honey also has anti-inflammatory to reduce redness in acne and the ability to disguise the scars.
Do not stop there, honey it also has the ability to accelerate the recovery of the blood vessels that often occur when the wound, helping to accelerate the growth of layers of damaged skin, improve collagen which is very good to help improve the skin and prevent scars and keloids.
Well, since this unique ability, honey is often used as a therapy to help treat acne.
How to use honey for acne
Honey can be applied in various ways to treat acne. Here are some ways to use honey for acne that you can try at home. Although not known with certainty whether effective or not, you can still try it as long as you do not have allergies to ingredients below.
Method 1: Pure Honey
- Take enough pure honey.
- Apply to your face using your fingers or a cotton mask.
- Let stand for 30 minutes and rinse with warm water. You can also leave overnight with a bandage covering it while sleeping.
- Repeat the same process on a regular basis so that the skin clean and prevent acne.
Method 2: Honey and sugar scrub
- Mix in sufficient quantities of sugar and brown sugar (brown sugar is not as hard as other exfoliating agents and melt quickly every time you rub it).
- After that, apply evenly to the face.
- Rub gently on the face and other parts that are infected with acne for a few minutes in a circular motion.
- Finally, wash with warm water and repeat the same process to prevent acne and other symptoms.
Method 3: Honey and lemon
- Clean the face with a soft and dry by patting the face with a towel.
- Wring one lemon.
- Add 2 teaspoons of honey to the lemon juice and stir until everything is mixed evenly.
- Apply on face and leave it for about 20-25 minutes.
- Clean with warm water and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Apply moisturizer and do this process twice a week to get rid of acne.
- Follow all this process for at least one month regularly to prevent acne completely.
Method 4: A face mask with honey and aspirin
- 3-5 aspirins. Aspirin acts as an anti-inflammatory and reduces redness and pain. It also contains salicylic acid, which cleans the pores and skin peeling.
- Take a small bowl and crush aspirin by adding enough water to it.
- For these materials, add a teaspoon of pure honey or organic, and mixed.
- Apply to the face and other parts of the infected skin of acne.
- Leave for 10-15 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Repeat the same process on a regular basis to help get rid of acne and symptoms
- You can also rub this mixture on the pimples and leave it overnight, then clean it in the morning.
Method 5: Honey and cinnamon mask
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and mix evenly until they form a paste.
- Apply on face as a mask and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Clean with water and repeat the process regularly.
- Tried all the methods above in accordance with the availability of materials that are safe and easy to find. Do not forget, always test the effect on the skin on your hands before starting it on the face, especially for those of you who first tried to use honey for acne.
Method 6: Honey and saffron
- Take 1 tablespoon of honey and mix with one teaspoon of turmeric powder eighth. Turmeric acts as an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic that helps kill bacteria and relieve pain and redness.
- Mix and let stand for a few minutes.
- Apply to the face and other parts of the infected skin with acne and let stand for 20-25 minutes.
- Clean with warm water and pat dry with a towel use.
- Apply a moisturizer according to your skin type to soften, and repeat the process regularly to cure acne.