Hypertension (high blood pressure) and heart disease can actually be controlled by eating healthy foods. Implementing a healthy diet every day can also trigger you to eat healthy foods more regularly and become a habit in the end.
Now, to help maximize the risk of heart disease and prevention of hypertension that can be present at any time. It is a good idea to try to follow a healthy diet from the DASH diet. What is the DASH diet? Is there a DASH diet recipe that is easy and can be tried at home?
What is the DASH diet?
The DASH diet stands for Dietary Approaches to prevent high blood pressure. This is a healthy diet that is believed to help reduce blood pressure and high cholesterol.
The DASH diet is the same as any other healthy diet. This diet has certain advantages. In addition to lowering blood pressure, this diet is also to reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, and cancer. This diet can help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight without the prohibition of certain foods.
When you follow the DASH diet, you will eat more fruits and vegetables, combined with low-fat dairy foods, lean meat, poultry, fish, nuts, and seeds.
The DASH diet focuses on fats and cholesterol which are low in saturated fat, have a number of proteins and are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. If you want to try a healthy lifestyle from the DASH diet, let’s try with some of these simple DASH diet recipes.
DASH diet recipes for every day
Banana Avocado Chocolate Smoothie
2 cups of vanilla (or plain) flavored soy milk
½ sliced avocado meat
1 medium banana, peeled
¼ cup unsweetened chocolate powder
2 teaspoons of sugar (can be replaced with stevia)
How to make:
Mix all the ingredients above into a blender. Blend until smooth and serve as soon as possible as a healthy and fast breakfast.
Chicken salad for lunch
This DASH diet recipe contains nutrients and fiber contained in vegetables. Don’t forget to add protein nutrition from chicken. Here’s how to make a healthy chicken salad for the DASH diet recipe.
1 teaspoon of pepper and salt
3 tsp fish sauce
4 ounces of chicken breast without skin and bones
1 bowl of lettuce, tomato, peas, cabbage, apple slices, cucumber, and carrots
- First, coat the chicken breast with pepper and salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 80 degrees Celsius.
- Make a salad mixed with vegetables that have been cleaned and stirred together.
- Don’t forget to mix fish sauce to taste.
After that, place the roasted chicken breast topping on it. Easy and healthy salads ready to be enjoyed.
Grilled broccoli for dinner
500 grams of large stem broccoli, cut into 5 cm
4 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
1/2 tsp mixture of salt, pepper, and chili powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- First, preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius. Prepare a large bowl, then provide broccoli that has been peeled and washed clean.
- Stir the broccoli with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, sprinkle with seasoning salt, pepper, pepper, and chili.
- Broil the broccoli for 15 minutes.
- After that, remove and sprinkle broccoli with chopped garlic.
- Bake the broccoli mixture for 10 minutes.
- Broccoli is ready to be served for dinner.
Alternative ways to make broccoli without an oven:
- Heat the Teflon non-stick on medium heat.
- Add the broccoli which has been mixed with olive oil and seasonings.
- Stir the Teflon until it is slightly cooked, then sprinkle with chopped garlic.
- Mix all ingredients in Teflon until evenly distributed and turn off the heat when it is cooked.
- Broccoli is ready to be served.