The skin is one important part of the body that needs special attention. Many competing skincare products display their magic to make skin healthier day by day.
The most sought after product is a serum. Its moist texture and nutritional content can make the skin healthier.
What are the benefits of serum for skin
The serum is food to keep skin naturally beautiful. In addition to routinely using sunscreen cream, facial moisturizers, facial wash soap, scrubs, sometimes the skin also needs extra moisturizer. Yup The use of facial serum will not only help the skin to remain moist but also at the same time overcome specific skin problems, as explained by Howard Murad, MD, who is a skin specialist and lecturer at the University of California.
Some functions of the serum are to brighten the skin, accelerate the process of skin regeneration, inhibit the aging process of the skin, remove black spots from acne scars, and even out skin tone.
Most of the serum ingredients contain water mixed with various nutrients needed by the skin. This is what makes clear serum with a light texture so it feels cool, easily absorbed by the skin without leaving a sticky feeling
Don’t be afraid that your skin will get drier or even oilier after using a serum. Because there are various choices of serum that can be adjusted to the needs of your skin.
However, instead of having to spend extra money to buy expensive serum. Better you try to make your own face serum at home!
How to make your own facial serum at home
The main thing in making your own serum at home is to adjust to the needs of your skin. It is important to adjust the ingredients that will be used as the main composition of the serum with the type of skin you have, for example dry, oily skin, or a combination of the two.
No need to be confused, you can follow the following ways to make a facial serum.
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera
- 4 tablespoons vegetable glycerin
Next, choose additional ingredients according to your skin’s needs:
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin C powder to brighten the skin
- 3 drops of chamomile flower essential oil to soothe sensitive skin
- 3 drops of rose essential oil
- For problematic skin, such as dry, acne-prone skin, reddish skin,
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil
- Or skincare products that contain Centella Asiatica. This ingredient is a natural herbal ingredient that is believed to be effective in accelerating skin regeneration and healing irritated skin.
How to make:
- Mix all ingredients
- Next, transfer the material to a sterile glass bottle. Store serum ingredients in the refrigerator. How to use it is before wearing makeup. Serum is the basis of makeup. Because the texture is like a mild moisturizer.
You can also use it regularly every morning and night, especially before you use moisturizers, sunscreens, and night cream products. Just like other serums. Just use up to 3 drops to apply to the face or according to your facial needs.