Who does not want to have beautiful and healthy hair? Both men and women certainly want this. Washing hair regularly is one of the keys. Not only that, but many manufacturers of hair care products also recommend that you use conditioner after using shampoo. But, is it true that conditioner really affects the health of hair?
Do you have to use a conditioner after shampooing?
Conditioner is one of the products recommended for use after shampooing. This conditioner functions to moisturize the cuticles (the outermost layer of hair) so that the cuticles become tenuous again. T.his adds moisture to the hair that might be lost when using shampoo. In addition, it makes hair feel smoother and softer and makes your hair easier to manage.
The use of conditioners is needed, especially for dry, brittle hair, colored hair, or hair that is often exposed to chemicals or hairstyling processes. By using a conditioner, your hair’s moisture will be maintained so that the hair looks more beautiful and healthy.
How to use conditioner?
Before using conditioner, you must read the rules of use. Many products recommend using a conditioner after using shampoo. This is because shampoo usually removes moisture from your hair, making hair drier. So, by using a conditioner after shampoo, the moisture of your hair will come back again.
In addition, avoid using conditioner to the hair roots. Simply apply conditioner from the stem to the ends of the hair. This is the best way to moisturize your hair where it is needed most.
Also, not too much when using conditioner, this can actually make hair look non-volume and flat just like that. We recommend using enough conditioners.
Get to know your hair type
Before choosing a shampoo and conditioner, you must first identify your hair type. Different types of hair will be different types of shampoo and conditioner that must be used. Everyone has a different type of hair.
If indeed your hair has been shiny and beautiful since birth, you might not need to bother to choose the type of shampoo and must use conditioner or not. However, most people must really take care of their hair to get beautiful hair.
As explained by Nick Arrojo, author of Great Hair : Secrets to Looking Fabulous and Feeling Beautiful Every Day, there are five types of hair that require different treatments, namely:
- Normal or fine hair, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner that can increase hair volume.
- Curly hair, use special shampoo and conditioner for dry hair to stop hair from changing into dry and irregular.
- Dry your hair, choose a shampoo that contains moisturizer to add moisture to the hair. You can choose a shampoo that contains coconut oil, avocado oil, or argan oil. In addition, choose a conditioner specifically for dry hair.
- Oily hair, choose a special shampoo for oily hair and choose a conditioner that contains only a little oil. If dandruff appears (problems with oily hair), choose an anti-dandruff shampoo that contains ingredients such as ketoconazole, zinc pyrithione, or selenium sulfide.
- Hair color, choose a shampoo and conditioner that can moisturize your hair and not eliminate your hair color.
So, choose a shampoo and conditioner that suits your hair type. This makes shampoo and conditioner work better on your hair and gives perfect results.